Sep 20, 2021
78 S.H. (no minor required)
2.75 GPA required.
Letter grade required in all major courses unless otherwise noted.
Medical Laboratory Science Major Map
- Sophomore standing
- Target GPA: 2.75
- Statement letter indicating desire to participate in program
- Meet with Program Director
Biology Courses (39 S.H.)
- BIOL 241 - Basics of Life should be taken prior to ◎ BIOL 307 - Cell Biology Laboratory , △ BIOL 308 - Cell Biology , ◆ BIOL 310 - Genetics , and .
- △ BIOL 308 - Cell Biology and ◆ BIOL 310 - Genetics should be taken prior to or concurrently with ◎ BIOL 307 - Cell Biology Laboratory or BIOL 311 - Genetics Laboratory .
- BIOL 323 - General Physiology should be taken after BIOL 322 - Human Anatomy and should be taken prior to or concurrently with BIOL 324 - General Physiology Laboratory .
- △ BIOL 308 - Cell Biology , ◆ BIOL 310 - Genetics , and BIOL 333 - Clinical Laboratory Techniques should be taken before ◎ BIOL 409 - General Microbiology , BIOL 442 - Clinical Laboratory Management , BIOL 443 - Urinalysis and Clinical Immunohematology , BIOL 444 - Hematology , △ BIOL 445 - Immunology , △ BIOL 446 - Immunology Laboratory , and BIOL 457 - Clinical Microbiology . You must have successful clinical laboratory skills level in BIOL 333 - Clinical Laboratory Techniques in order to advance with the MLS degree option.
Chemistry Courses (16 S.H.)
Choose one option (4 S.H.)
Choose one option (4 or 9 S.H.)
Mathematics/Statistics Courses (7 S.H.)
Clinical Education (16 S.H.)
Must be completed at an approved clinical training site.
These courses are optional and not required.
◎ = Oral Intensive
◆ = Math/Critical Analysis Intensive
△ = Writing Intensive
✽ = Physical Development and Wellness Graduation Requirement
✪ = Civic Engagement and Service Learning