Oct 27, 2020
Minor (or additional major if non-dual degree seeking) required.
2.0 GPA required.
Credit Duplication: no more than 12 credits may be duplicated between INDM and additional major; no more than 9 credits may be duplicated between INDM and chosen minor.
This program allows students to create a major utilizing several departments to meet their particular educational goals.
Individualized Studies Major Map
Required Courses (6 credits)
Electives (30 credits)
- at least 24 credits of 300/400-level courses (in addition to INDS 300 & 495)
- 6 credits may be 100/200-level courses
INDM Majors Requirements
- Complete WSU’s General Education Program (GEP) , 30 upper-division credits including INDS 300 and INDS 495 for the INDS major.
- Complete 6 lower-level credits based on the program plan.
- Complete a minor or minors and electives to reach a minimum of 120 credits. It is expected that all course prerequisites will be completed.
- Complete all General Education Program (GEP) Intensive course requirements.
- Students declaring the Individualized Studies major must have on file a Student Program Plan for the major. The Student Program Plan is developed in the required INDS 300 course. It is advised that students complete INDS 300 in their first semester as an Individualized Studies major.
- Students may not register for and complete INDS 300 and INDS 495 in the same term.
- A maximum of nine credits applying to the major may be taken on a P/NC basis. All other WSU policies apply. For a checklist of the University’s graduation requirements, see Academic Policies & University Requirements .
Students wishing to complete two degrees concurrently, (example: Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science) must complete a minimum of an additional 30 credits above the required 120-128 credit hours. Students must complete all major requirements under both degrees, including separate minors if required.
◎ = Oral Intensive
◆ = Math/Critical Analysis Intensive
△ = Writing Intensive
✽ = Physical Development and Wellness Graduation Requirement
✪ = Civic Engagement and Service Learning