Jul 03, 2022
2.0 GPA required.
Letter grade required in all minor courses unless otherwise noted.
The minor options provide students with a background in the field and laboratory skills required of professional geologists. The goal is to prepare students for success in an increasingly interdisciplinary world. Geoscience program majors are not eligible to minor in Geoscience.
Required Courses (16-17 credits)
Entry-Level Course (4-5 credits)
Choose one course or one grouping of courses:
- GEOS 113 - Natural Disasters with Laboratory (4 credits)
- GEOS 114 - Climate, Catastrophes and Extinctions with Laboratory (4 credits)
- GEOS 120 - Dynamic Earth with Laboratory (4 credits)
- GEOS 215 - Earth System Science (4 credits)
- GEOS 199 - Introductory Geoscience Laboratory (1 credit) AND one of the following: GEOS 100 , 102 , 103 , 104 , 105 , 106 , 107 , 108 , 110 , 111 , 115 , 116 , 121
Earth Talks Speaker Series
Enrollment with a P grade required three times prior to graduation - unless excused by department chair.
Geoscience Electives (7-8 credits)
Choose 7-8 credits from the GEOS courses below numbered 300 and higher. Electives must include at least one approved upper-level laboratory course.
Laboratory Elective (4 credits)
Choose at least one:
Course(s) Unique to Minor
WSU policy requires a minor contain at least one course unique to the minor and not used in major or additional requirements. See Degree Audit for details.
◎ = Oral Intensive
◆ = Math/Critical Analysis Intensive
△ = Writing Intensive
✽ = Physical Development and Wellness Graduation Requirement