Apr 14, 2021
2.75 GPA required.
C grade or better required in all minor courses.
Must be accompanied with a Teacher Education Licensure major - admission required.
The minor prepares students to teach middle school mathematics. Interested students should contact the Math/Stats Department for an advisor.
Teacher Education Licensure Program Information
Students must be admitted to the Teacher Education Unit before taking Professional Education courses. This process is competitive; the number of students admitted each semester is limited. Admission is based on grades (2.75 GPA) and other measures. For more information on this Admission process, visit the Teacher Education Program Admissions page.
All Winona State University Teacher Education Licensure Programs are continuously updated to reflect new licensure requirements from the Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board. Please contact your program advisor for the latest information about program requirements whether you are (1) applying to a teacher education program, or (2) currently enrolled in a teacher education program.
Criteria required semester before completing online application:
- 30 college level credits completed with no more than 4 credits of pass/no credit courses
- Cumulative G.P.A. of at least ≥ 2.75 based on 30 most recent credits including all credits per semester
- B grade or better in a 3-credit college level writing course (ENG 111 if taken at WSU)
- B grade or better in a 3-credit college level speech course (CMST 191 or 192 if taken at WSU)
- C grade or better in a 3-credit college level math course (Math 202 is required for Elementary and Early Childhood majors)
- Early Clinical experience; clinical hours ≥ 15 hours:
- Can be met by taking college level course(s) with clinical hours (including courses enrolled in the semester of the TE Admission application). Syllabus/clinical hour evaluation needed if non-WSU course.
- Can be met through a comparable work or volunteer experience completed after high school graduation. Complete Early Clinical Form with supervisor and return to 212 Cathedral.
Middle School Math Requirements (34 S.H.)
Mathematics Required Courses (6 S.H.)
Mathematics Education Required Courses (15 S.H.)
Professional Education Courses (6 S.H.)
Student Teaching (4 S.H.)
Course(s) Unique to Minor
WSU policy requires a minor contain at least one course unique to the minor and not used in major or additional requirements. See DARS for details.
◎ = Oral Intensive
◆ = Math/Critical Analysis Intensive
△ = Writing Intensive
✽ = Physical Development and Wellness Graduation Requirement
✪ = Civic Engagement and Service Learning